Google has come up with another useful service in multimedia space. It is Google Image Labeler.
As it appeared to me, it is a kind of feedback survey that Google has presented in its style. It wants visitors to help Google improve the relevance of images in Google images. So here goes the procedure –
- You are paired with anonymous person over net.
- You both are presented with same set of images which keep changing in time-span of 90 seconds.
- You have to label each image with as many tags as possible that comes to your mind after looking at it.
- If the labels provided by you both match, you will be given some points.
- After the game is over, you can navigate website linked through images.
- You will be shown the points earned in the game and the top scoring pairs will be listed on top-right corner of start page as it appeared to me before start of survey (although that was pretty high – I can’t believe that in 90 secs you can score 1900 when you are given 100 points for every match – surely they are Google bots…and what say about 1323500 – all time top contributor 8O).
I liked this kind of survey which is pretty different from other boring feedback forms…text and all without any much interactivity.