India lost second Border / Gavaskar trophy match against Australia after losing its last 3 wickets in 6 remaining balls of match – thanks to one-sided decisions of Umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson during whole match.
When you find that two of the players which were NOT OUT but were declared OUT in first innings and in the same way, during second innings of same team, four key players which were clearly NOT OUT but given OUT by the match umpires Steve Bucknor and Mark Benson, you know that somewhere something is going wrong.
Also, when opposition team is favored by umpires for their batting, you start feeling hatred towards them which is natural.
And in such situation when our poor team loses match, more than being sorry for them, if someone abuses umpires feeling frustrated for them, you feel better to support him.
The second test match was total blunder full of umpiring mistakes. Umpires which are taken with utmost request in a match, the Gods of match, looked too small in this test. Steve Bucknor is well known for his sick behavior towards Indian team and he was atop in this game when India lost a well-expected Draw match. Then a good sport lover of game is supposed to be angry for these two pranksters of match who thought that they can even prove the match cameras wrong.
Throughout the match, Australians were appealing and umpires were raising their fingers for players like Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Saurav Ganguly etc. Some of batsmen tried to show disapproval to umpires’ decision but of no output. And this all was for making Australia achieve their 16th consecutive win. Not even single Australian felt sorry for wrong umpiring decisions (I was expecting it from Australian Captain Ricky Ponting at least).
Result…I am no more going to believe that umpires are always right – something my dad taught me during my childhood while making me understand this game!
Here are the videos of umpires clearly favoring Australian team –
IND vs AUS 2nd Test,Sydney-Day1- 4 Poor decisions by Umpires
Nonsense Umpiring Ganguly Out 2nd Test Ind v Aus @ Sydney
Poor Umpiring Day 1 2nd Test Ind v Aus @ Sydney 2008
Lucky Ponting Day 1 2nd Test Ind v Aus @ Sydney 2008
Poor Umpiring – Indian vs Australia 2nd Test 2008
More news results on same topic –
- Australia beat India in Sydney thriller
- BCCI to complain against umpiring
- Umpire gaffes hurt as India tries to push for victory
Update (January 07, 2008): Thwarted BCCI has decided to put forward suggestion for change in ICC rules so that there shouldn’t be any doubt about Umpiring decisions for the teams visiting Australia. Here are the proposed guidelines –
(1) Ricky Ponting – (THE TRULY GENUINE CRICKETER OF THE CRICKET ERA AND WHOSE INTEGRITY SHOULD NOT BE DOUBTED ) should be considered as the FOURTH UMPIRE. As per the new rules, FOURTH UMPIRE decision is final and will over ride any decisions taken by any other umpires. ON-FIELD umpires can seek the assistance of RICKY PONTING even if he is not on the field. This rule is to be made, so that every team should understand the importance of the FOURTH UMPIRE .
(2) While AUSTRALIAN TEAM is bowling, If the ball flies anywhere close to the AUSTRALIAN FIELDER(WITHIN 5 meter distance), the batsman is to be considered OUT irrelevant of whether the catch was taken cleanly or grassed. Any decision for further clarification should be asked from the FOURTH UMPIRE. This is made to ensure that the cricket is played with SPORTIVE SPIRIT by all the teams.
(3) While BATTING, AUSTRALIAN players will wait for the ON-FIELD UMPIRE decisions only (even if the catch goes to the FIFTH SLIP as the ball might not have touched the bat). Each AUSTRALIAN batsman has to be out FOUR TIMES (minimum) before he can return to the pavilion. In case of THE CRICKETER WITH INTEGRITY, this can be higher.
(4) UMPIRES should consider a huge bonus if an AUSTRALIAN player scores a century. Any wrong decisions can be ignored as they will be paid huge bonus and will receive the backing of the AUSTRALIAN team and board.
(5) All AUSTRALIAN players are eligible to keep commenting about all players on the field and the OPPONENT TEAM should never comment as they will be spoiling the spirit of the AUSTRALIAN team. Any comments made in any other language are to be considered as RACIALISM only.
(6) MATCH REFREE decisions will be taken purely on the AUSTRALIAN TEAM advices only. Player views from the other teams decisions will not be considered for hearing. MATCH REFREES are to be given huge bonus if this rule is implemented.
(7) NO VISITING TEAM should plan to win in AUSTRALIA. This is to ensure that the sportive spirit of CRICKET is maintained.
(8) THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE : If any bowler gets RICKY PONTING – "THE UNDISPUTED CRICKETER WITH INTEGTIRY IN THE GAME OF CRICKET" more than twice in a series, he will be banned for the REST OF THE SERIES. This is to ensure that the best batsman/Captain will be played to break records and create history in the game of CRICKET .
These rules will clarify better to the all teams VISITING AUSTRALIA.
Board of Director’s
Thanks Gaurav & Amit!
Update (January 08, 2008):
An Australians news website is conducting a poll about the decision taken by BCCI for not playing rest of test matches – if it is right or wrong. Go and vote as you feel – http://www.news.com.au/poll/1,,5007133-5032443,00.html