The seminar was conducted by a leading personality development institute and here are the outcomes. Read them every morning before going to the work –
Nine ways to make people Like You!
- Don’t criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest, sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a man’s name is to him the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener, encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other mans interest.
- Make the other person feel important and do it sincerely.
Twelve ways to make people think in your way
- Show respect for the others persons opinions. Never tell a man he is wrong.
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- If you are wrong admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying Yes, yes immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person’s ideas and desires.
- Appeal to nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
Nine ways to bring around people without giving offence
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to peoples mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement.
- Let the other man save his face.
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
Four ways to Analyze worry
- Get all the facts.
- Weigh all the fats-then come to a decision.
- Once a decision is reached, act.
- Write the answers of the following questions.
- What is the problem?
- What are the causes of the problem?
- What are the possible solutions?
Four ways to Overcome worry
- Live in day-tight compartments.
- Face the trouble the following ways.
- Ask yourself what is the worst that can possibly happen?
- Prepare mentally to accept the worst.
- Try to improve on the worst.
Six ways to break the worry habit
- Keep busy.
- Don’t fuss about trifles.
- Use the law of averages to outlaw your worries.
- Co-operate with the inevitable.
- Decide just how much anxiety a thing
- Don’t worry about the past.
Seven ways to Pease and Happiness
- Fill your mind with thoughts of peace, courage, health, hope and prayer.
- Never try to get even with your enemies.
- Expect ingratitude.
- Count your blessings-not your troubles.
- Do not imitate others.
- Try to profit from your losses.
- Create happiness for others.
Seven ways to face criticism and grow strong
- Remember that unjust criticism is often a disguised compliment.
- Do the very best you can.
- Analyze your own mistakes and criticize yourself.
- Learn to relax at your work.
- Apply the following four good working habits.
- Clear your desk of all papers except those relating to the immediate problem at hand.
- Do things in order of their importance.