Received this old hilarious forward after years and thought of sharing it here.
Girls and Windows
- Both have a great UI.
- Both consume large resources and do less work.
- Both crash unexpectedly.
- Both are not easily portable on different architectures (environment).
- Both can’t work on low resource architectures (environment).
- Both are costly to maintain.
- Both give mostly unexpected outputs.
- Both their working often contradicts with their documentation.
- Both are easily prone to viruses (rumors and doubts) and they (viruses) do spread very fast in windows based networks.
- In spite of all above disadvantages, both are liked.
Boys and Linux
- Both have an average UI.
- Both are robust.
- Both are highly secure.
- Both can be easily modified to support new concepts/features.
- Both are efficient.
- Both are easily portable to any architecture (environment) no matter how low the resources are.
- You can easily guess the output for your input (in Linux just open its code, for boys they are mostly transparent by nature).
- Both provide large support for development (work environment).
- Both are poorly documented.