New version of Google Analytics has been released and all the Analytics accounts will be upgraded in next few weeks, as per Google Analytics blog.
The new interface is said to be more customizable. Some of the listed improvements are –
- Email and export reports: Schedule or send ad-hoc personalized report emails and export reports in PDF format.
- Custom Dashboard: No more digging through reports. Put all the information you need on a custom dashboard that you can email to others.
- Trend and Over-time Graph: Compare time periods and select date ranges without losing sight of long term trends.
- Contextual help tips: Context sensitive Help and Conversion University tips are available from every report.
The new Google analytics has been fully redesigned and has a new look with lot of dashboard and report options as mentioned above.
The steps suggested for smooth transition are –
- Take a tour of the new version
- Report Finder Tool: will help you see where data from the previous interface is located within the new version (it is also linked to from within your reports on the left navigation menu)
- FAQs for more details about the new version
- New version features page