Monkey Bites has published an interesting list of resolutions which apply to anyone’s daily life and more specifically to coders :).
Here are my top 10 favorites –
- I will realize that design patterns are a guide, not a religion.
- I will bother to research the security issues relevant to my work.
- I will recognize that not all programs are self documenting, and that this is why comments were invented.
- I will contribute to an open-source project because they need my skills, not because I like the project.
- I will be nice to the people who pay me.
- I will go back and do something interesting with all my failed, half-finished projects.
- I will always write Ajax that degrades gracefully (or I will realize that Ajax site navigation is the new “skip intro” of Internet design).
- I will not try to learn a new language. Instead I will surprise everyone by programming something completely unexpected in one I already know.
- I will write ten lines of code everyday for someone I love.