One of the forwards.
There was a one hour interview on CNBC with Warren Buffet, the second richest man who has donated $31 billion to charity. Here are some very
Interesting aspects of his life:
- He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
- He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers
- He still lives in the same small 3 bedroom house in mid-town Omaha that he bought after he got married 50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
- He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or people around him
- He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world’s largest private jet company
- His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis
- He has given his CEO’s only two rules.
- Rule number 1: do not lose any of your share holder’s money.
- Rule number 2: Do not forget rule number 1
Thank you, Saurabh Gautam.