By July 31, there have been 50 million blogs. And they are increasing at the rate of 175,000 blogs evday although some of them are spam blogs. Since March 2004, blogosphere (total blogs tracked by technorati) has been doubling every 5-7 months and as of June 2006, doubling is occuring every 200 days. Some another interesting facts which are listed –
- About 70% of the pings Technorati receives are from known spam sources
- About 1.6 Million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second. This is about double the volume of about a year ago.
- Languagewise, Chinese caught up somewhat, with 39% of all postings tracked by Technorati in English, 31% in Japanese, and 12% in Chinese. Hindi lie in others…there is only one hindi blog that I know…
- Technorati is now tracking over 50 Million Blogs.
- The Blogosphere is over 100 times bigger than it was just 3 years ago.
- Total posting volume of the blogosphere continues to rise, showing about 1.6 Million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.
- The most prevalent times for English-language posting is between the hours of 10AM and 2PM Pacific time (2330 – 03.30 IST), with an additional spike at around 5PM Pacific time (0600 IST)